Friday 5 October 2012

Day 2: My Favourite Dressing



A little late but day 2 was spent still eating the leftover beetroot salad I made on day 1 but I added some of my favourite dressing along with half an avocado to boost the nutrition. I believe the dressing is a basic French dressing and I use it in most green salads but I also like to toss still-hot fine green beans in it for a healthy snack when watching films at home.

Todays Recipe – French-ish Dressing
Serves 2-3

1/2 clove of garlic, crushed
1 tsp Dijon mustard
2 tsp red wine vinegar
2 tbsp Extra Virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste

1. Add all ingredients to a small bowl and mix with a fork until thick and emulsified.
OR
2. Put all ingredients into an empty jar and shake until thick and emulsified.

The second method also means you can make large batches to keep in the fridge and shake it all up when you need it as it will separate over time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment